for Harrogate & Knaresborough Constituency
Six good reasons why I should be your next Member of Parliament
I have real life experience as a working mum with two children, as an entrepreneur and business owner. I only joined a political party eight years ago, so putting my local area first would always—and quite naturally– come above blind party loyalty.
- I have an authentic local voice and record of campaigning and achievement – £1 One Way Bus fares for Under 19s throughout the Yorkshire Dales; campaigning for Harrogate to be a cycle town; and bringing back a shop, post office and initiating a meals on wheels service in my home village of Darley.
- You will always get an honest answer from me. I take an honest, down-to-earth approach to politics based on values—and I listen. No impossible promises but an energetic and trustworthy approach to getting things done.
- I am plugged in to the local community, with my ear firmly to the ground. I live in Darley, and am the former Lib Dem Councillor for Nidd Valley ward, chair of governors for a Harrogate school, chair of Dales Integrated Transport Alliance (DITA) and an advisory board member for Harrogate International Centre (HIC)
- I tackle local and national politics from a woman’s and a working mum’s perspective – practicality, a high ethical approach and realism are my hallmarks
- My voice is heard nationally as a high profile member of the Lib Dem party. l am an elected Council member of the Social Liberal Forum, an executive member of the Lib Dem Education Association and a member of the Federal Policy Committee.